Grassroots Advocacy in Action
Michigan Farm Bureau’s Lansing Legislative Seminar provides an opportunity for members passionate about Farm Bureau policy and issues affecting agriculture to meet members with shared interests, concerns and goals.
Participants will help demonstrate to legislative and regulatory leaders the significance of our member-developed policy and strength of our county Farm Bureaus and learn from expert speakers about proposals being considered in Lansing that would impact Michigan farmers and the food and agriculture economy.
2022 TENTATIVE AGENDA
9 a.m. State Capitol Building Walking Tour
Departs the Lansing Center at 8:45 a.m.
9:30 a.m. State Capitol Building Walking Tour
Departs the Lansing Center at 9:15 a.m.
Note: Tours do not require pre-registration. They are first come, first serve and capped at 40 individuals per tour.
AgriPAC Fundraiser (start time to be determined)
10-11 a.m. Registration
11:30 a.m. Lunch Program
- Remarks from MFB President Carl Bednarski
- Excellence in Grassroots Lobbying Award
- Silver Plow Award (if presented)
- Strengthening rural communities farm and business panel
2:00 p.m. Issue Sessions (choose one)
- Topics to be determined
2:45 p.m. Networking Break
3:15 p.m. Issue Sessions Repeat (choose one)
- State economic outlook and agriculture funding opportunities
- Climate initiatives and on-farm business impacts
- Local government influence and engagement
- Idea exchange: county advocacy programming and legislative relationships
4:30 p.m. Legislative Reception
- Visit with state representatives, senators, and numerous other government leaders.