Young Farmer Program
The Michigan Farm Bureau Young Farmer program develops new Farm Bureau and agricultural leaders and provides these members with an understanding of the organization’s philosophy and goals. The program identifies and serves the needs of young farmers, ages 18-35, to assist them in their personal and professional lives. The Michigan Farm Bureau State Young Farmer Committee consists of 16 volunteer members, one from each of Farm Bureau's 12 districts and four members-at-large.
In addition to Michigan Farm Bureau's social media networks, stay connected to Young Farmers.
Young Farmer Program Features
State Young Farmer Committee
The Michigan Farm Bureau State Young Farmer Committee consists of 22 volunteer members, two from each of Farm Bureau's 11 districts.
Committee members must be 18 to 35 years of age at the time of their appointment and be regular Farm Bureau members. They are nominated by Michigan Farm Bureau district directors and approved by the full board of directors.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Serve as a committee of the Michigan Farm Bureau Board of Directors representing young farmers
- Create and carry out the committee's goals and objectives
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate statewide Young Farmer events and activities
- Relay information from the State Young Farmer Committee to county Farm Bureau Young Farmer Committees
- Serve as a resource to county Farm Bureaus on Young Farmer-related issues
- Encourage the development of county-level Young Farmer programs
- The State Young Farmer Committee elects an executive committee, and the chairperson of that executive committee sits on the Michigan Farm Bureau Board of Directors as the Young Farmer representative.
Michigan Farm Bureau 2021 State Young Farmer Committee
- District 1, Mitch Kline
- District 2, Abby Vittore
- District 3, Joe Packard
- District 4, Daniela (Dannie) Dryer
- District 5, Claire Dewey
- District 6, Jade Edwards
- District 7, Lane Grieser
- District 8, Amanda Sollman
- District 9, Jeff Dreves
- District 10, Erika Schunk
- District 11, Bradley Jerichow
- District 12, Jennifer Lytle
- At-Large, Paul Pridgeon
- At-Large, Sonja Lapak
- At-Large, Joe Ankley