Labor and safety consulting services
Many consultants offer limited or no services related to agricultural labor and safety requirements because the rules are time consuming, detailed in nature and can vary from farm to farm.
Michigan Farm Bureau's Agricultural Labor and Safety Services (ALSS) program solves this problem.
We meet the needs of individual farms and assists employers in recognizing, understanding and meeting their regulatory obligations in a manner that looks at the business in its entirety.
Our areas of expertise
Are communication barriers a challenge on your farm?
Spanish translation services available include:
- Farm safety training
- Document and presentation translations
- Special requests
Translation needs can vary depending on the type and size of your farm or business. Contact our partners at Great Lakes Ag Labor Services for additional information and pricing.
Training and Events
The Agricultural Labor and Safety Services Department offers seminars on the following topics:
- Immigration issues
- Employment recruiting
- Youth employment
- Farm inspections
- Employer and employee rights and responsibilities
- Documentation requirements
- Livestock and dairy labor management
- Typically offered during the winter or spring seasons, attendees gain significant knowledge and receive appropriate course and/or regulatory materials.