Skip to main content
Michigan Farm Bureau Family of Companies

Welcome to our new website!

We hope you'll take a moment to check things out. We are still under construction in some areas so please bear with us as we continue to enhance your web experience. 


Special Announcement: The Farm Bureau Family of Companies is dedicated to providing for and protecting Michiganders. To this end, we are encouraging all policyholders and members to review their coverage limits on their insurance policy(ies). With recent increases in the cost of goods, services, and construction, we want to do our part to ensure Michigan residents are properly protected. Please contact your local agent if you believe that your coverage limits may need to be increased.

Work From Home? Ensure Your Home-Based Business Is Covered

Will your homeowners insurance cover your business losses? A business policy may be the best coverage for your home-based business.
Date Posted: July 7, 2021

Should Your Home-Based Business Have a Business Policy?

Since the coronavirus pandemic, home-based businesses are more popular than ever before. It's important for business owners to recognize that their Homeowners or Renters insurance policy is not designed to cover business losses. 

You may want to consider a Business policy if:  

  • Your business property, stock or equipment is greater than $10,000 in value.  
  • Clients visit your office, use your product and/or depend on your service. Liability insurance can help cover your exposure to lawsuits.  
  • Damage to your workplace would require you to find a temporary substitute or lose business/customers.  
  • Your employees use their vehicles to make deliveries or trips for your business. 

To learn more about Business Insurance policies and how they can help protect you and your company, contact an agent today.  

Related Articles