Date Posted: March 18, 2021
Continuing our series of real talk with real experts about the real issues facing Michigan farmers, Farmers After Hours: Rural Access, Wellness and You will explore the struggles and resources available for rural healthcare, wellness and support. By breaking down the building blocks of overall health — medical healthcare, rural health trends and mental health — this series will help viewers build awareness of their current health habits and connect with resources to improve their overall well-being.
- March 17: Live Farmer Panel
- March 24: Rural Access: The Struggle is Real; healthcare & broadband; Eric Frederick, Connect Michigan
- March 31: Creating Connectivity: Resources for Rural Areas; healthcare & broadband; The Rural Broadband Association and Rural Health Association
- April 7: Rural Health Trends; mental health, suicide and cancer; Drs. Elena Stoffel and Joe Himle, University of Michigan
- April 14: Rural Trends: Diffusion and Meaningful Solutions; mental health, suicide and cancer; Kim Vapor and Dr. Joe Himle, University of Michigan
- April 21: Farm Stress: The Physical and Mental Toll; real-life stressors, tolls and stigma reduction; Charlotte Halverson, AgriSafe
- April 28: Combating Stress: Tactics, Resources and Networks; Eric Karbowski, MSU Extension
- May 5: Live Ask-the-Expert Panel
Register for the new Farmers After Hours series here. Catch up on previous series here on YouTube.
News Director/Editor, Member Publication517-323-6586 [email protected]
Member Communications Specialist517-323-6885 [email protected]
Director of Brand and Digital Marketing517-679-4725 [email protected]
Public Relations & Social Media Strategist517-391-5001 [email protected]