More than 42 Farm Bureau members from across District 8 took part in its inaugural Shops for Shots Tour March 11. The bus tour stopped at five farm shops across the region — Bay, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland and Saginaw counties — for a signature shot, food and shop tour.
Participants enjoyed the opportunity to network with each other and Farm Bureau Insurance agents throughout the day, and learn a little about each other’s shop setup. For Young Farmers considering building new or making improvements to their current shops, it was a great way to hear directly from peers about practical and innovative shop features.
Midland County’s Sara Reisinger also appreciated connecting with their Farm Bureau insurance agent in a relaxed setting outside the office.
“As someone who doesn’t like to talk on the phone, it was great to have my agent at the event,” Reisinger said. “I was able to talk to Shane in person and get my questions answered.”
In addition to their tour hosts, a slew of sponsors helped make the event possible.
Tour stops and their sponsoring Farm Bureau Insurance agents were:
- Frank Farms in Kawkawlin (Bay County) was sponsored by agents Rudy Schlatter and Shane Schmidt.
- Shaffner Brothers in Freeland (Midland County) sponsored by Erika Garrison
- Rock Ag Services in Saginaw (Saginaw County) sponsored by Megan Beldyga
- Hrabal Farms in Breckenridge (Gratiot County) sponsored by Ben Zyber.
- Bryant Farms in Shepherd (Isabella County) was sponsored by Zach Allen.
Bus sponsors included BRB Seed Services in Shepherd; Farm Bureau Insurance agents Scott Allen, Stacey Ensz, Alex Schmidt and Monte Reichard; and the Bay, Gratiot and Midland County Farm Bureaus.